Public Exam Details
Financial Modeling Analysis is among the most highly-respected skills in the business world and the job marketplace. From Banks, Accounting, Investment, Insurance, and Business Decision Making rely on complex analytical decisions every day.
CFM exam provides candidates with an opportunity to validate their skills through a practical financial modeling exam using advance excel. Candidate how pass the exam will achieve the Certified Financial Modeler certification with designatory letters of CFM-UK.
WHY CFM-UK CERTIFICATION?
- International Certification: The successful candidates will get certification from Institute of Financial Accountants (IFA) UK
- Global Mobility: Having certification from UK candidates can use it internationally for career enhancement or secure new job.
- Competitive advantage: Using designatory letters to evidence your professional qualification and to provide an “edge” in a competitive employment market.
- Skills Validation: Validate your skill set and proficiency with international certification.
CFM certification is awarded by Institute of Financial Accountants (IFA) UK, established in 1916, the Institute of Financial Accountants (IFA) is an internationally recognized professional accountancy membership body. Its a full member of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC) the global accounting standard-setter and regulator.
- B Com, M Com, BBA, M Com, ADP students and graduates
- Members and students of ICAP, ICMAP, PIPFA, ACCA, IFA, IPA and other professional accounting
and finance bodies
- Professionals from Banks, Insurance Companies & Brokerage Houses
- Business Professionals and others aspiring to learn financial modelling using advanced excel
Who can take it?
CFM is open for anyone who has an interest in financial modeling this is most suited to people who work
in, or aspire to work in, the finance sector and seek to improve their skills and knowledge in this area.
Candidates cut across major industries and professions including Accounting, Actuarial, Asset
Management, Budgeting & Forecasting, Credit, Equities Research, Finance & Treasury, Insurance,
Investment Banking, Operations, Risk Management, Venture Capital & Private Equity.
Certificate of Completion
ALL ABOUT CFM UK EXAMINATION
We hold CFM UK public Exams 4 times a year in March, June, September and December
Exam duration will be 3 hours with 15 minutes additional reading time.
Skills to be tested
During Exam following skills will be tested:
- Application of advanced excel functions essential for Financial Models and Techniques.
- Best practices for financial modelling for preparation of model.
- Model structure designing based on predetermined inputs & requirements.
- Apply best practices in capital structure modelling and financial appraisal methods.
- Build and incorporate Operating & Financial Schedules.
- Perform sensitivity and scenario analysis in financial modeling.
Candidates will be required to build financial statements model according to case study and historical data in excel worksheet.
Tool Kit in Exam Center
In Exam Center the following will be provided:
- Case Study Exam describing a particular scenario.
- Computer with MS Excel Installed
- An Excel worksheet file containing the historical financial statements of a company
Excel File Layout
Excel File that will be submitted for evaluation should have the following layout:
- Cover Sheet
- Summary sheet based on scenario results
- Assumptions sheet to enter the inputs
- A few scenarios to sensitize the company’s forecasted results
- Schedules sheet for the key items that will appear on the financial statements
- An integrated set of forecasted financial statements