Master In Finance
The Master in Finance is a well-balanced program designed to impart knowledge in finance along with specialization in Economics for Finance and Investment Analysis, Corporate Finance, Financial Planning & Wealth Management, Financial Statement Analysis etc. The finance courses cover a comprehensive range of topics to develop skills and knowledge in applying financial principles to complex financial transactions. The students will be equipped with fundamental knowledge related to the legal aspects of finance along with the strategies of financial management to compete head on with the global workforce. The all-inclusive broad based training in independent thinking, research and development, business planning and development, advocacy, technology deployment, manufacturing, societal aspects, and nation building would give LUC students a considerable edge in adjusting to the new economy within their future workplace.
For successful completion of Masters degree in LUC, each candidate should publish minimum of Two research articles in Scopus indexed journals, with Lincoln affiliation.
The primary objective is to ensure propagation of appropriate administrative skills to the managerial people across the globe working in the field of finance. This would help in developing the student’s intellectual ability with the foundation knowledge in the field finance. The program would further contribute in the advancement of the better business by offering a blend of knowledge of business and professionalism.
The primary aim of the programme is to:
- Develop an updated knowledge on both theory and analytical practice in national and international financial contexts.
- Strengthen the ability to apply the tools used for financial analysis and also in the decision making processes in corporations, financial institutions and other organizations.
- Demonstrate ability to apply appropriate innovative effective research techniques to form their own views on the lifelong learning and its application in practice.
- Develop an understanding of abroad range of financial concepts and their application to a range of management and organizational contexts contributing to industry development.
- Prepare students for executive positions in financial field inculcating professionalism and entrepreneurial qualities.
Our graduates work for,
· Commercial Banking
· Corporate Finance
· Financial Planning
· Investment Banking
· Money Management
· Real Estate
Minimum Duration : 18 Months.
Maximum Duration : 30 Months.
|Sl.No.||MQA Subject Code||Subject Name||Credits|
|1||MIF7011||Economics for Finance and Investment Analysis||3|
|3||MIF7013||Business Research Methodology||3|
|4||MIF7014||Financial Statement Analysis||3|
|5||MIF7021||Quantitative Methods for Decision Making||3|
|6||MIF7022||Securities, Futures and Options||3|
|7||MIF7023||Financial Regulation and Regulatory Policy||3|
|8||MIF7024||Financial Markets and Institutions||3|
|9||MIF7031||Fixed Income and Equity Investment||3|
|10||MIF7032||Investment and Risk Management||3|
|Elective (Please choose any two from the following):|
|11||MIF7033||Investment and Portfolio Management||3|
|12||MIF7034||Fundamentals for Islamic Finance||3|
|13||MIF7035||Financial Planning & Wealth Management||3|
|14||MIF7036||Approaches to Pricing Derivatives||3|
Entry Requirements :
- Degree (Level 7, MOH) in a field with a CGPA of at least 2.50 out of 4.00 or other qualification accepted by the Lincoln University College Senate; Or
- Bachelor’s Degree (Level 7, MOH) or equivalent not meeting CGPA of 2.50 can be accepted subject to a minimum of five years working experience in the relevant field.
For non-Malaysian citizens, please refer to the Malaysian Qualification Agency’s (MQA) List of Overseas Qualifications & its equivalency with Malaysian Education System to see if you qualify for this course.