Bachelor of Business in Banking and Finance
Bachelor of Business in Banking and Finance (Hons) program is able to produce highly qualified and professional workforce for the next wave of global economic activities that will revolve around the industrialization of the Banking and Finance. The program includes cooperative programs with industry and other academic institutions to share their knowledge of Banking and Finance including new developments in technologies, current implementation status and prospects of future expansion of the Banking and Finance industrialization. The curriculum for the Bachelor of Banking and Finance is structured in such a manner so that it compliments other academic pursuits at the Lincoln University College.
The aim of the Faculty of Business and Accounting program of Lincoln University College, Malaysia is to be regarded both locally as well as globally as the provider of highest quality skilled professionally tuned graduates who are not only able to steer the organizations to bright futures but are also able to contribute for the betterment of the society and mankind.
The aim of this programme are to enable students to:
- To build capable finance professionals to sustain the needs of modern and dynamic organizations and the banking and finance industry in particular.
- To create graduates with the necessary skills to manage a wide range of banking and finance issues in addition to developing a sound business education.
- To generate students with an opportunity to improve their knowledge and permits further studies and specialisation in their discipline
There is currently a considerable shortage of professionals in the field of Banking and Finance within Malaysia and the neighbouring countries. The production and the demand of the Banking and Finance are increasing exponentially and currently makeshift engineers and technicians fill the positions in those activities. For Computer or IT industry to flourish, trained professionals are needed so that the industry can grow in a systematic and efficient manner. Moreover, because of the lack of trained professionals in the field of Banking and Finance technology, many of the local resources that could contribute significantly to the development of the nation remains untapped and or underutilized costing the nation not only in employment opportunities but also in export potentials. Without these trained professionals, it will be difficult for any nation to make a smooth transition into Banking and Finance economy and to realize full potential of these opportunities. A variety of careers are available to graduates of this program, depending on their area of interest in the banking industry. Possible careers include:
- Branch manager
- Commercial lender
- Financial analyst
- Financial planner
- Credit analyst
- Operations manager
- Bank examiner
Minimum Duration : 36 Months.
Maximum Duration : 36 Months.
|Sl.No.||MQA Subject Code||Subject Name||Credits|
|1||BBF 1113||Business Management||3|
|2||BBF 1123||Business Mathematics||3|
|3||BBF 1133||Information Technology And Systems||3|
|4||BBF 1143||Personal Development And Communication Skills||3|
|5||MPU 3113||Islamic Civilization and Asian Civilization (TITAS) (Local students)||3|
|6||MPU 3163||Malay Communication (International students)||3|
|7||MPU 3123||Ethnic Relations (Local students)||3|
|8||MPU 3173||Malaysian Studies (International students)||3|
|9||BBF 1243||Quantitative And Statistical Method||3|
|10||BBF 1214||Business Accounting||4|
|11||BBF 1223||Financial Management 1||3|
|12||BBF 1233||Principles Of Microeconomics||3|
|13||BBF 1253||Management and Accounting||3|
|14||MPU 3232||Leadership Skills and Human Relations||2|
|15||BBF 1323||Financial Accounting||3|
|16||BBF 1313||Company Law||3|
|17||BBF 2414||Bankruptcy Law||4|
|18||BBF 2423||Principles Of Macroeconomics||3|
|19||BBF 2434||Banking And Financial Law||4|
|20||BBF 2443||Financial Management 2||3|
|21||MPU 3342||Malaysian Government and Public Policy||2|
|22||BBF 2513||Investment Decision||3|
|23||BBF 2523||Understanding Markets and Consumers||3|
|24||BBF 2544||Merchant Banking Operation||4|
|25||MPU 3452||Community Service||2|
|26||BBF 2534||Industrial Security Law||4|
|27||BBF 2614||Corporate Finance||4|
|28||BBF 2624||Financial Services Marketing||4|
|29||BBF 2634||Enterprise Risk Management||4|
|30||BBF 2644||Financial Market And Institutions||4|
|31||BBF 3714||Business Law||4|
|32||BBF 3724||International Finance Markets And Management||4|
|33||BBF 3734||Investment Analysis||4|
|34||BBF 3743||Strategic And Change Management||3|
|35||BBF 3753||Business Ethics||3|
|36||BBF 3813||Entrepreneurship Development||3|
|37||BBF 3823||Environmental Management And Technology||3|
|38||BBF 3834||Financial Modelling||4|
|39||BBF 3844||International Financing And Trade||4|
|40||BBF 3853||Research Methodology||3|
|41||BBF 3916||Business Research Project||6|
Entry Requirements :
- Passed the Malaysian High School Certificate (STPM) by attaining minimum NGMP 2.33 or Grade C + in 2 subjects and earned a Mathematical Honors as well as graduated English at the SPM level; Or
- Passed the Malaysian Higher Certificate of Religion (STAM) with good in two subjects and earned a Mathematics honors and passed the English Language at SPM level; Or
- Passed the Foundation / Foundation Program / Foundation program from an institution recognized by the Government of Malaysia by attaining a minimum CGPA of 2.50 and earned a Mathematics Honors and passed the English Language at the SPM level; Or
- Passed Diploma in Accountancy (Level 4, Malaysian Qualifications Framework) from institutions recognized by the Government of Malaysia with a Mathematics credentials and passed English at the SPM level; Or
- Other recognized qualifications are equivalent to that by the Government of Malaysia.
For non-Malaysian citizens, please refer to the Malaysian Qualification Agency’s (MQA) List of Overseas Qualifications & its equivalency with Malaysian Education System to see if you qualify for this course.